AWS Global Water Stewardship Forum
November 1-2 2016 | Edinburgh, Scotland
The first AWS Global Water Stewardship Forum will bring together pioneering water stewardship practitioners and promoters from around the world, providing a unique opportunity to advance the understanding and impact of AWS Water Stewardship, and to contribute to the further development of the global AWS Water Stewardship System.
With the theme of “Building Participation and Ownership; Maintaining Credibility” the Forum will explore experiences from implementing and promoting the AWS STANDARD, a globally-consistent framework for major water users to understand their water use and impacts, and to work collaboratively and transparently for sustainable water management within a catchment context.
Through case studies from diverse contexts, sessions focusing on key topics, and expert masterclasses, the Forum will be a vibrant learning exchange on latest developments with water stewardship. The event will also provide a space to network with leading thinkers and exchange knowledge and perspectives for the advancement of the AWS Standard and water stewardship more broadly.
What topics will be discussed?
- The state of water stewardship
- Experiences from implementing AWS water stewardship in industry, agriculture and supply chains
- Regional experiences and perspectives
- Creating coherence with other water initiatives
- Working with other sustainability standards and approaches to natural resource management
- Access to socially robust information
- How the AWS Standard can support public policy objectives
- The business case for AWS water stewardship
Please see our draft program for more details.
Visit the Forum website at http://www.awsforum2016.org/