Steps to certification
AWS certificates are issued by independent conformity assessment bodies (CABs) who have achieved AWS interim accreditation. Only CABs with AWS interim accreditation are authorized to issue AWS certificates. Your route to certification has six key steps:
- Download the AWS Standard and familiarize yourself with the intent, the criteria and the indicators.
- Download, complete and submit the site registration form.
- Implement the AWS Standard.
- Get in touch with a CAB with AWS interim accreditation who can discuss process, requirements and give you an estimate of time and cost of certification
- Get your site(s) audited
- Get your site’s AWS certification: if you conform with the AWS criteria your site’s certificate will be valid for three years, subject to successful surveillance audits.
Download the full requirements for certification.