Our Board members (Trustees) are elected by our members and have overall responsibility for managing the organisation between AGMs, and a duty of care towards it.
The Board is responsible for:
- Developing and approving the AWS strategic plan, in conjunction with the CEO
- Financial oversight of the organisation and ensuring that AWS is able to meet its financial obligations
- Ensuring management identifies the principal financial and non-financial risks of the organisation, and implements appropriate systems and programs to manage these risks
- Developing policies and procedures related to good governance
- Appointing, setting the remuneration and monitoring the performance of the CEO
- General oversight to ensure the organisation is managed in a prudent and responsible manner in line with its fiduciary responsibilities, values and principles of good governance